Introduction: Get ready to add a dash of festive flair to your holiday gatherings with our delectable Holiday Roasted Nuts recipe. This savoury blend of nuts is the perfect blend of crunchy goodness and warm, festive flavours that will have your guests reaching for more.
1 ½ teaspoons of The Salted Rooster Chicken Salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 ½ cup pepitas
2 cups whole almonds
2 cups walnut halves
4 sprigs of rosemary
- Start by preheating your oven to 325 °F. While waiting, break out a large baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Spread your walnuts, almonds, and pepitas onto the parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine and whisk the maple syrup, butter, chicken salt, vanilla, cayenne pepper, and rosemary sprigs in a small bowl.
- Coat and mix over your mixture on the parchment paper. Ensure that your mix is coated and be sure to spread across the pan to ensure a single even layer.
- Pop in the oven and stir after ten minutes, and then every five minutes. Check your concoction after 23 minutes to see if the maple syrup has evaporated. If not, add another three minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir one more time. Let them cool down for fifteen minutes, and separate the larger clusters if desired.